Wednesday 25 April 2012

Sunday was a quiet day.
and I spent some time reflecting on the processes so far. I didn't have any Mystery tour bookings so I went up to the Maggie Law Museum to do  little more research.

I meet Arther Mowatt, who shared some of his memories with me about the village.
He talked about the silence in the village when the life boat as launched, that even the children new and understood the importance of the event and new instinctively it was something to respect.

He remembers peering i through the doors of the boat shed at the RNLI and sneaking in to the back of the Linen factory to try and get hold of Steelies ( bearings from the machines ) for marbles.



We chatted about his Mother and father and the Whale Dike have arranged to meet up another time to record some of his tales.


In the evening I went to The Mission hall to hear the Sunday service. I think there must have been about 15 people there and I was made to feel very welcome.



I met a number of the community and Dennis Rose the minister from Bervie. I was very interesting to meet another part of Gourdon's community. I was amusingly chastised for my door knocking hesitations

so am promising that I will be bolder on my return in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment